Followers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Media Literacy Post 1: Introduction

Good morning; who's got Olympic fever?!
Since school let out, I have been working to make good on my organization goals.  I started by painting the bathroom and getting estimates on what it would cost to have a tree removed from where I envision the butterfly/bee garden - and future apiary - to be.  I signed up for this class, cashed in some miles to purchase a ticket to LAX for a former roommate's wedding, (there will BE a dancing flash mob and that's that) and took the car into the shop to have some work done before we take it out to Chicago for another friend's wedding.  Over the weekend, I did an emotionally cold and brutal job of cleaning out my classroom (a process aided in no small part by the extreme makeover planned for it by the administration this summer).  I found things in the back of storage spaces I never knew existed (witness exhibit A: the mini Pawsox batting helmet filled with T tokens) and am excited about teaching in an overhauled space next year.  I want to design and  install shelving so I can centralize all the quickly obsolescing books, movies, music and stereo equipment taking up space elsewhere.  I want it to look something like what's below, does anyone have cabinetmaker recommendations? 1

When not in class, I enjoy hammer throwing, cooking, canoeing, projects, re-reading classic books, coaching, and reaching things on high shelves for my parents.  I am looking forward to learning a lot this week.     

1 comment:

  1. I tend to lean to IKEA for all my "cabinet making" needs. There isn't much you can't construct using Billy bookcases.

    ReplyDelete